Give your baby longer, more peaceful sleep with our elephant swaddler, and you’ll sleep easier too.
- Thoughtful, easy to use design
- Comfortable for baby
- Easy diaper change with removable leg pouch
0M+ (From birth, 44.5 - 61 cm)
Ease of Use
Easy Diaper Change
Healthy Hip Position
Escape Proof-Arm Pockets
Our swaddler has been acknowledged as a "hip healthy" product by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute.
What is the function of the arm pocket design?
The main purpose of the Ergobaby Swaddlers unique arm pockets is to keep the arms from startling the baby awake. Additionally, the arm pockets help keep baby swaddled through the night. The primary point of swaddling is to recreate the conditions baby experienced in the womb. The position of the arms is part of a natural fetal position - elbows bent with hands to heart.
What are the key features of the Ergobaby Swaddler?
The Ergobaby Swaddler is a patented design and has several features, including:
- Arm Pockets: The arm pockets help to position baby's arm in a natural, hands-to-heart position with elbows bent. The arm sleeves also help to prevent baby's arms from escaping the Swaddler. Babies tend to move their arms up while sleeping and will wake if their arms become free.
- Healthy Hip Positioner: The Ergobaby Swaddler provides plenty of space to so that baby's legs aren't restricted. This helps promote healthy hip development by allowing for an ergonomic frog leg position to be achieved.
What type of velcro is used in the Ergobaby Swaddler?
The velcro used in the Ergobaby Swaddler consists of a premium "hook-and-loop fastener" system that makes the velcro extremely soft to the touch and tends to be "quieter" than mainstream velcro.
When should I stop using the Ergobaby Swaddler?
Immediately discontinue use of the Ergobaby Swaddler once your baby can roll over.
Is the Ergobaby Swaddler acknowledged by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute?
Yes! The Ergobaby Swaddler was in part designed based on the recommendations put forth by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute allowing for baby's legs to be bent up and out at the hips, and is acknowledged as a 'hip healthy' product.
What is the function of the leg pouch design?
The leg pouch is meant to be wide to allow movement from side-to-side. Having the legs too tightly wrapped is against the recommendation of the International Hip Dysplasia Institute's guidelines on swaddling. Allows baby to extend their legs fully, as babies do. The leg pouch is meant to be loose to allow for easy access to change diapers and for use with 3-point harness systems in swings and/or bouncers as well as the option to leave down on warmer nights.
Why is it important to Swaddle?
By two years of age, a child will have spent more time asleep than awake. A healthy amount of sleep is essential for babies as it directly impacts their mental and physical development, as well as happiness. Just as you ensure your baby has a safe play environment, it's important to establish a safe sleep environment. Proper sleep conditions will help your baby rest better, longer, and safer so you can sleep better too. Sourced by the National Sleep Foundation The practice of swaddling a baby has been used for centuries in many different cultures due to its various benefits.
- Swaddling mimics the structure of the womb and helps ease a baby's transition into the world.
- Newborns need extensive nurturing during the first 3 months of life; this time is commonly referred to as the fourth trimester.
- Swaddling reduces spontaneous movements (called reflex motion) that startle your baby awake and keeps your little one in REM sleep (the most restorative, deepest sleep) for longer periods of time.
- Research demonstrates that when swaddled correctly, babies are safer since they are more likely to stay asleep on their backs and less likely to get caught in loose blankets.
- Swaddling can have a calming effect that soothes baby.
- Swaddling helps regulate baby's body temperature.
- Swaddling reduces scratching.
Why did Ergobaby design its Swaddler with the arm pocket feature?
The design of the Arm Pockets on the Ergobaby Swaddler serves to swaddle baby comfortably in a natural position, and keep baby swaddled to help both baby and you sleep longer, and more peacefully. We believe that our product is innovative in design and function. Design is so unique, we have been granted two US Patents to date!
Is the Ergobaby Swaddler chemically treated with flame retardant chemicals?
No, we don't use flame retardants in our swaddlers.
What are the key benefits of the Ergobaby Swaddler?
- Ergonomic Design - patented design features a Healthy Hip Positioner that helps keep baby's legs and hips in an ergonomic position to allow for healthy hip development, and positions arms in natural 'hands to heart' position.
- Escape Proof - Specially designed arm pockets and leg positioner keeps the Swaddler from coming undone or shifting during sleep.
- Extra Convenience - Features a unique "removable leg pouch" for quick and easy diaper changes and also allows for use with harness systems commonly found in swings and bouncers.
- Additional Comfort - Breathable 100% ultra-soft cotton is soft on baby's skin and works great year round. Our premium cotton material stretches with baby's movements for additional comfort.
- Easy-to-use - Ensures that baby is snug and comfortable in just a few simple steps.
- Machine Washable
Do we have a TOG rating?
TOG rating for Ergobaby Original Swaddler is 0.5.